Editor Review :
Computer identify external hard disk drive, but no files display recovery method
External hard disk drive is a portable storage product, it has huge storage volume, can save data well. But if some win10 users connect the USB drive to computer but cannot it be identified, how to do?external hard disk drive cannot identify, the general situation is the external hard disk plug in USB, the computer cannot identify, and the external hard disk drive keep “tap-tap”sound,this is a typical phenomenon for cannot identify removable hard disk drive,ai te data recovery give you the answer as following:
There are many possible reasons why the external hard disk drive cannot be identified, but they are generally not the failure of the USB port or the external hard disk drive itself. Therefore, it is necessary to take the surrounding correlation into consideration when troubleshooting.
1.The reason of the system or the system-provided drive
USB port cannot be identified by the computer, if it is the reason of the system or the system-provided driver, you can press the following method to fix.
a. Press F8 when booting up to enter the safe mode and then exit. Choose reboot or shutdown then boot up again,then enter the normal mode (fix the registry).
b. If the failure still continue, please use the system-provided to system restore, restore to the time when this failure does not occur (if the normal mode recovery fails, please press F8 to enter the safe mode and use the system restore).
c, if the failure still continue, use the system disk to fix, open the command prompt and enter SFC /SCANNOW (there is a space between SFC and /), plug in the original system disk to fix system, the system will automatically compare the fix.
d. If the failure still continue, set the cd-rom drive as the first boot device in the BIOS to plug in the system installation disk and press the R key to select "fix and installation".
e. If the failure still continue, it is recommended to reinstall the operating system.
2. Set CMOS parameters
For those who have never used USB external device, even if the driver is installed correctly, the system may fail to detect USB hard disk drive. This is mainly because the default CMOS port of the motherboard is closed. If it is not set to open state, then Windows cannot detect the external hard disk drive naturally. To solve this problem, we can reboot, enter the CMOS setting window, and set "Assign IRQ For USB" to "Enable" in the "PNP/PCI CONFIGURATION" section so that the system can Assign the available interrupt addresses to the USB ports
3. Insufficient power supply
Due to USB hard disk drive also needs to consume a certain amount of power when it is working, if the power is obtained directly through the USB port, it is likely to be under powered. And it may be caused because there are too many peripherals connected to the USB port. Suggest to use charged USBHUB or to use adapters of USB to PS/2. It is also possible that WindowsXP has turned on the power-saving mode by default, resulting in insufficient power supply to the USB port and intermittent failure of the USB port. Right-click my computer/properties/hardware/ device manager, double-click the "universal serial bus controller" to several "USB Root Hub" double-click any one, open the properties dialog box, switch to the power management tab, remove the check in front of "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", click ok to return to,amend each USB RootHub attribute successively after the reboot the computer. USB device can recover to stable operation, set the frequency as low as possible.
4.USB extension cord failure
In addition to the above two reasons, there is also a possibility that the USB port type is inconsistent, which causes the external hard disk drive cannot be used. For example, the USB port configured by the computer is 2.0 standard, but the purchased external hard disk drive is USB3.0 standard port, which requires the connection cable between the computer and the external hard disk drive must support USB3.0 standard
5.The Windows version is too low
To this situation, one solution is to upgrade the operating system to Windows 7 or above, and another is to download patches from Microsoft's official website.
6.the external hard disk drive character is not shown
If there is a drive character but not show out, the solution: right-click on my computer/ management/storage/disk drive management, then right click on the "removable disk drive" icon, click " change the drive and path "option on the shortcut menu, and click the" add "button in the subsequent screen, then select" assigned drive letter ", at the same time choose a appropriate drive character from the drop-down list next to the option, then click ok
7.Improper system set up
Some Windows users, after installation of the driver, can see the external hard disk drive from the device manager, but there is no corresponding disk identifier in the explorer, this is caused by the improper system set up. Double-click external hard disk drive In the explorer, and click on the pop-up window "properties" button, at this point you can see the four options of disconnection, deletable, synchronous data transfer and Int 13 unit, the option before deletable is not ticked by system default, only need to tick this option to reboot computer, then you can see the new external hard disk drive in the explorer.
Recover lost data of no file display on external hard drive
- 1 Choose recover mode undeleted ,formatted,lost partition or other for files
- 2 Select the device where the missing file is located. If it is an external device, please connect the external device. if you are using a mobile phone, please debug to the developer mode and click the Next button.
- 3 Check the type of file to be restored
- 4 Select the storage location for the restored files and click the button
- 5 Click the "startrecover" button to start recovering the lost files
- 6 AVI file recovery is complete, You can find the lost file in the saved directory location
Video Guide-Recover lost data of no file display on external hard drive
People also like
Recover lost data of no file display on external hard drive References
Ralate Topic Search
About Recover lost data of no file display on external hard drive Q&A
- 1 word documents file recovery
- 2 External Hard Drive Recovery Software free download
- 3 How to recovering deleted files from Seagate external hard d
- 4 Seagate external hard drive not showing up issue, How to rec
- 5 Seagate external hard drive does not work,how to recover
- 6 How to recover formatted Seagate external USB hard drive
- 7 how to recover seagate hard disk data not detecting
- 8 How to recover data from Seagate external hard drive / inter
- 9 How to retrieve lost Seagate data after deleted formatted
- 10 How to recover word file after computer shutdown
- 11 How to recover photos file after computer shutdown
- 12 How to i recover word documents files after a forced shutdow
- 13 How recover to the PPT file after pc shutting down
- 14 Files not showing up on desktop windows 10,how to recover?
- 15 How to recover lost files with black screen in windows pc
- 16 How to recover lost desktop files on computer start point
- 17 How to recover hard drive files after power outage
- 18 How to recover word document files after power outage
- 19 How to recover lost files after power outage
- 20 Recover lost deleted word excel documents after power outage
- 1 Recover deleted.DCR files from hard drive SD card Win 8
- 2 Recover deleted BMP files from hard drive on windows 10
- 3 Recover deleted Tiff files from hard drive on windows 7
- 4 Recover Deleted PSD Files after Corrupted Lose from PC
- 5 Recover Deleted CDR Files after lost damaged on windows
- 6 Recover corruption PNG image file from PC on windows 10
- 7 Recover Deleted PNG files from hard drive in windows 10
- 8 How to recover lost PNG Files on windows 10 8 7
- 9 Recover deleted DXF,Open DXF Files on PC windows 10 7 8
- 10 Recover deleted lost DWG files in windows 10 with 3 ways
- 11 How to recover lost deleted AutoCAD Files on windows?
- 12 Recover deleted DAT files after formatted corrupted lost
- 13 Recover corruption PDF document files from hard drive by 3 w
- 14 Recover lost PDF files from hard drive on windows 10 7 8
- 15 Recover deleted PDF files from hard drive on windows with 3
- 16 Recover Deleted Text Files from Windows hard drive 5 way?
- 17 Recover permanently deleted .PST files from hard drive with
- 18 Recover Deleted EML Files from PC on windows with 6 ways
- 19 How to ecover photos from damaged SD card with 3 ways?
- 20 Recover photos from corruption SD Card on windows 10/7
- 1 How to recover BWA files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 2 How to recover PWN files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 3 How to recover DMR files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 4 How to recover SCZ files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 5 How to recover ISMCLIP files after deleted formatted - What
- 6 How to recover TMBUNDLE files after deleted formatted - What
- 7 How to recover WDSEML files after deleted formatted - What i
- 8 How to recover MGA files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 9 How to recover OS files after deleted formatted - What is an
- 10 How to recover 002 files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 11 How to recover BLUEJ files after deleted formatted - What is
- 12 How to recover PREF files after deleted formatted - What is
- 13 How to recover DDP files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 14 How to recover RXDATA files after deleted formatted - What i
- 15 How to recover FTS files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 16 How to recover IGES files after deleted formatted - What is
- 17 How to recover TCM files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 18 How to recover MAS files after deleted formatted - What is a
- 19 How to recover NY files after deleted formatted - What is an
- 20 How to recover B5I files after deleted formatted - What is a